coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Golden - Jessi Kirby I wasn't really planning on reading this one, but I got an email from Simon & Schuster inviting me to join pulseit.com, where this book is available to read for free on their site this week. So, I headed over to see what it was about.

And I'm so glad that I did. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely was a nice surprise to start reading this book and be instantly sucked into the story. I loved Parker, Kat and Trevor's characters - they seemed real and dynamic, and their dialogue didn't feel fake like it often is in this genre.

I can't even think of one specific part of the book that I liked the most, it all wove together so neatly and kept me interested until I realized that I'd devoured the whole thing. Some parts felt a little bit like rose-colored glasses, but overall, it was really well written and was a feel-good book that made my heart happy today.

I will absolutely be watching out for more books by Jessi Kirby!