coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Amped - Daniel H. Wilson I picked this one up as soon as I saw it, though I haven't read anything else by this author. The idea of it really intrigued me, though, and I couldn't wait to read it. And while it didn't go the way that I thought it would, it was still really, really good.

I spent so much time just wrapped up in how unfair it was, and then realizing the parallels between this discrimination and others that we see EVERY day in society (here and elsewhere), I just was so mad! We're ALL human, so why do we treat one another this way?? It made me mad at the government (in the book), the way they arbitrarily made laws and passed sentences, that squashed some rights and put others rights first.

Yeah, so, this was a pretty good book. Just 4 stars, even though the subject matter got me riled up, it got a little slow in spots and repetitive in others, but overall, it's a must-read!