coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover It started out a little bit slow for me, but by the end of this second book in the Slammed series, I was back to being in love with Layken and Will again. This time we’re told the next chapter of their story from Will’s point-of-view. At first I wasn’t sure it would work, but I think it gave some insight into his character that we wouldn’t have seen otherwise.

I tore through this book, though. I wanted to know exactly how Will was going to win back Layken, and then the plot twisted and I was crying, literally crying. And then laughing. And then crying because I was laughing so hard. This couple is thrown a lot of curve balls in this book. A new neighbor moves in, and she and her daughter are just as kooky as Will, Layken, their brothers and their friends. Honestly, Colleen Hoover does such a good job of creating these wacky characters that I loved them instantly just because of how random and silly they are. I felt like I could invite the whole lot of them to my house for dinner – and it would be one of the best dinners ever!

I can’t believe that I have to wait for an undetermined amount of time for the next (last? I hope not) book in the series so I can find out what more can befall this adorable couple and their great group of friends.