coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1) - Cameron Jace This short story just sucked me right in. This one is in the form of a letter from the Snow White Queen to one of the Brothers Grimm, and it pulled me right along. I'm not usually into vampires and paranormal stuff, but for whatever reason, this one grabbed my attention (possibly because I like the idea of how the author is building up anticipation for his book [b:Snow White Sorrow|13557166|Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1)|Cameron Jace|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335982243s/13557166.jpg|19128951]).

Anyhow, back to this short story/prequel. It has a prologue in which we learn the basics of the story - the Brothers Grimm and the fairy tales not being true. And then we read the Snow White Queen's version of events - which was actually really interesting. The author has managed to stir together several fairy tales, letting on that these characters all know each other. It's a short little tale, but it's got my curiosity piqued - and I'm quite excited for the debut of the novel (and now I'm off to read the next of the prequels).