coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this book blew my mind. It really was that good.

What would it be like to live in a world where you could hear all the mens thoughts? It would make a person crazy, that's what...and that's exactly how most of the characters in this book are. Todd is a boy, one month from "becoming a man", forced to leave the town he's known his whole life and told that everything he knew about life on New World is a lie. He and his new-found friend Viola are running from the crazy people of Prentisstown, and on a separate plot (somewhat), from the even crazier preacher from Prentisstown. But it's hard to hide when everyone can hear what you're thinking.

I was immediately drawn into this book because of a conversation between Todd and his dog Manchee. Their conversations made me smile on more than one occasion. At first I was thrown off by the way Todd spoke, but quickly got used to it. As they found other settlements, the language of the settlers changed slightly, which was interesting in itself.

But what blew my mind was the ending. I could not put the book down towards the end, I was racing through to find out what was going to happen and then BAM! I was shocked. I've never been so anxious to o get the second book in a series as I am at this very moment. How this book has stayed under the radar as much as it has is beyond me...