coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley This is actually laying somewhere between a 3 and 4 star read for me. I had a really hard time getting into the story, but it may have been more my mood than the book itself. I was infuriated at first by the language and run-on sentences (which, if you have read my reviews, you know I have given up on books because of both of those things). Then I realized the time-setting, and the fact that it's narrator is 11, and 11-year-olds ramble.

Flavia is extremely intelligent, and over time I came to like her. She would be a kid that I would stop and talk to all the time because she'd always have something interesting to say. In the end, her character is what won me over.

The storyline of the murder was a little convoluted, but interesting...the fact that Flavia was always one step ahead of the investigation was amusing. I will probably continue reading the Flavia de Luce series, just to see what Flavia will do next!