coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Beautiful Disaster  - Jamie McGuire This book is showing up on all sorts of "if you loved Fifty Shades of Grey..." lists. Let me just say this: if you loved Fifty Shades of Grey, you'll love this one because it's infinitely better written. If you didn't love Fifty Shades of Grey, you'll likely enjoy this one because it's infinitely better written. Well, and honestly...there's not really many similarities.

When I started reading it I was leary, and ONLY because it showed up on those Fifty Shades of Grey lists. But I actually enjoyed this one, mainly for the reasons stated above.

I felt that the characters were quite relatable, I felt a connection with them even though they are freshmen in university. The plot moved along nicely with little ups and downs in the Travis/Abby relationship (or non-relationship) and there were a few intense moments that made me pick up the pace because I wanted to know what was going to happen. The sex scenes were not too graphic, and neither were the drinking scenes. It all seemed believable because the things these kids were doing are things that kids their age DO.

This one is one to check out if you enjoy the romance genre. I'm curious to know how the next book in the series will go, since so much happened in this first book.