coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn Wow. I have no idea what to even say other than just that... "Wow"

Gillian Flynn proves once again to be a mastermind...a sick, twisted mastermind. I had a hard time getting into the book, waiting for it to really grab my attention. And grab it, it did...more than halfway through the book came a sudden twist (at least, I didn't see it coming) that completely blew my mind. And then I had a hard time putting it down.

I felt so empathetic for Nick, but had a hard time connecting with Amy in her diary entries - though I'm thinking it was meant to be that way. She was supposed to come across as a likable character, but readers realize as they go along that her story doesn't quite match up with Nick's. Then you're stuck wondering which side is right. I sided with Nick.

I found the ending a bit hard to believe, but believable at the same time - if I believe the rest of the story could be true, it would almost *have* to end the way Flynn ended it. I think if I say more in an attempt to explain that, I'll ruin it for everyone else. Just read it, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.