coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Insurgent - Veronica Roth I think I should have reread Divergent again before reading this one, because I spent the first few chapters completely confused about what had happened previously. Likely a result from having to wait a year between books, and reading several other really good dystopian young-adult books lately. But it also wasn't written in such a way that you could read this one and not read Divergent first, it would make absolutely no sense.

Other than that, I thought it was a really good book. Once I started figuring out the characters and what led them to the place they were in this book, I got into it and their struggles, hoping they could find a way around their factions and the mind-games that Erudite was playing.

I'm definitely looking forward to book #3, but I will be revisiting the first 2 books immediately before so it won't take so much time to get back into it...