coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Where Are You Now? - Mary Higgins Clark I used to love Mary Higgins Clark, but her stories became very routine for me (the characters changed, the plots changed slightly, but the very basics of the story were always the same). But it's been a looong while, so I thought I'd give it another chance. I'm kindof sorry I did. I no longer remember her basic outline, so that's not why I didn't like it.

Instead, I felt like she was filling space uselessly, repeating herself, and putting really silly things in there (at one point, a character says something like "she (the missing girl) has caller ID, so her number should show up", even though everyone knows that the receiving person needs to have caller ID). All the fluff and silliness put me off.

To be fair, I didn't see the end coming at all, I thought I'd figured it out pretty early on. There were a lot of useless characters to throw you off the scent, and it was hard at first to figure out what was going on because each chapter was written from the point of view of someone else.

I'm pretty sure I've outgrown Mary Higgins Clark, which is a little sad, I completely loved her when I was younger.