coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher I really enjoyed reading this one, in some sick way. At first it reminded me of Pretty Little Liars (the TV series, as I haven't read the books) but when I went to explain to my friend why I felt that way, I couldn't put it into words.

I felt so incredibly sad as I read this book, that this poor girl found no way out. It was an interesting plot and while many have found the writing style annoying, I thought it was realistic - the narrator (Clay) was responding to the things that Hannah was saying on the tape. It could get confusing at times if I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't mind it.

This book will probably stay with me for a while. Maybe all teenagers should read this book as required reading, to make themselves aware that how they act and treat eachother can severely impact other people's lives. In my opinion, that's an important lesson EVERYONE should learn.