coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Blood Red Road - Moira Young Another thoroughly enjoyable dystopian young-adult book...I'm on a kick right now. The first chapter or so I had trouble because it's written in "poor man's English", written the way she would say it - I found myself reading with a Southern twang after a while, and it helped. I thought it would annoy me but it made the book that much more endearing for me.

At times I couldn't stand Saba, she was so head-strong and closed-minded, but she needed these qualities to get through everything she went through trying to rescue her brother Lugh. I thought Emmi was cute, and portrayed as smarter than Saba, although quite a bit younger...even though she was almost as head-strong as her sister.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Dustlands series...I don't want to have to wait, though! If you liked The Hunger Games series, or have started to read the Divergent series, you'll enjoy this one, too.