coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Divergent  - Veronica Roth I really, really enjoyed this one. I was looking for something along the lines of The Hunger Games and this one is similar but I thought it was really well done without being a bandwagon book, hopping in on the popularity of The Hunger Games trilogy.

I found myself liking Tris right away, and all the rules she had to follow just made me sad for her - no wonder she wanted to leave her Abnegation faction for another. I thought her choice was probably the best one for her and wasn't really surprising to me, though.

The training she was put through and the people she had to deal with made me angry for her, but I was happy that she was able to find little ways to enjoy herself during her initiation.

The book kept going back to the fact that she was a Divergent and how dangerous it was, but never explained it until near the end, and I didn't find myself trying to guess the ending of the book...I just read until I realized that the book had ended.

Since it's a part of a trilogy, I'll forgive the fact that it just ends abruptly. It doesn't wrap up, it definitely wasn't written to be read by itself. But you can bet that I'll be waiting for the second book, Insurgent, to hit bookstores so I can continue reading about Tris and her dystopian world.