coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Still Missing - Chevy Stevens What a great read, especially for a debut novel! I loved the way this book was written, as Annie retells both what happened and how she's dealing with it to her shrink - it was an interesting and different view. Though sometimes it was more like she was writing a letter than speaking, which was slightly odd, but those moments were brief.

I found her story mostly believable...how she escaped was the only part that I doubted. And the ending was too easily wrapped up for my liking, not completely believable, either. BUT many of the details were so well-written that you felt that you were a fly on the wall during her captivity, and the different emotions she felt after escaping were pretty much spot-on in my opinion.

Highly recommended, even though I gave it 4/5 stars. I will definitely be looking for more of Chevy Stevens' works.