coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
The Solitude of Prime Numbers: A Novel - Paolo Giordano I thought this book was decent...I was sorta expecting more out of it, though. However it was still enjoyable. It was beautifully written and the characters were damaged but realistic.

It starts off strong, explaining the events that shaped both Alice and Mattia into "primes". Then there's a whole bunch of nothing happening, they're both going through their lives (at some times together, and other times apart). They both realize that they should be together but for some reason neither is able to accept it or do anything about it.

Near the end of the book I thought something dramatic would happen - all the signs pointed towards it. And then it fizzled. BUT - I wouldn't say that nothing happened...I thought it was a more realistic ending than most books would have.

I think it's worth a read, but just be aware that it's just about 2 damaged people moving through their lives and not a love story.