coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Still Alice - Lisa Genova An incredibly heartbreaking look into what it would be like to have Alzheimer's Disease or any other dementia.

At first I didn't like Alice, I knew what was going to happen to her but I didn't feel sorry for her. At first. Then the consequences of her memory loss began appearing, and her coping skills with what was happening, and how she felt about her disease - and it started to pull on the heartstrings.

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease and this is only a GUESS at how a person with it would be feeling, what would be going on inside their brain while they are losing their grip on reality. I think at times Alice's character was still a little bit too unrealistically aware of what was happening even though she seemed lost and confused on the outside. But nobody can know unless they've gone through it - and I pray that I will never have to.