coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult Hmmmm...I'm just not sure what to say. The book started off really awesome, I couldn't put it down. I realized partway through that it was really following closely to the "formula" that she used in My Sister's Keeper, which was slightly annoying...but still, it worked well for the subject. Parts of the trial were unrealistic, IMO...especially one BIG part (you'll know what part if you read it - it's just so left-field and would NEVER happen in a courtroom). And then the ending...gah! WTH?!

I hated the mom (Charlotte) most of the way through...even though I understood where she was coming from, I didn't think it was the way to go about "fixing" things...though I know that's what Picoult was going for.

Overall, though...it was a good book, and it would have gotten 5 stars if it hadn't been for the ending. I was sucked right in, emotional and involved with the characters...it was SO good, right up until then. *sigh*