coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay Wow. I don't even know what to say. This book was REALLY good...I had no idea about Vel D'Hiv, you really just don't hear about it at all.

Sarah's story got me right from the very first chapter - can't tell you much about that, but it's heartwrenching for sure.

Sarah's story was MUCH stronger than Julia's story...I found myself rushing through her parts to get back to Sarah, and when it got to the point where both worlds "collided", I didn't really care to know the rest - I just didn't like her character or her husband. I stuck it out though and it's not like Julia's portion of the story was awful or anything, it just wasn't as intriguing as Sarah's, but it wasn't a waste of time either.

Overall, an excellent book, though. Definitely recommended if you enjoy reading books about WWII (I seem to keep reading them lately - one after the other, without even meaning to).