coffeebeanbookshelf

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith
Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult Another excellent book by Jodi Picoult. Her books always have a way of making you wonder what you would do in the same situation, and her characters are so real that you do genuinely like them and feel for their situation. And of course, this is no exception.

It only got 4 stars because it wasn't as good as the first book I'd read (My Sister's Keeper) and because it had weird mythology/magic going on in the middle, which I'm not a fan of.

It was interesting to see the story unfold, and I really enjoyed that it was written from the points of view of the main characters - Andrew (the father), Delia (the daughter), and her 2 best friends, Eric (who is also her fiance) and Fitz, and occasionally her mother. As the story goes along, you see everything go full circle, you see the characters change and develop because of the circumstances. All around, it was an excellent book!

Also, a bit weird, because I was reading Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey last month...I noticed that Picoult goes into detail about gangs in jail - while Frey does something eerily similar about gangs in LA. Just an odd thing I noticed, lol.